SKILL SCHOOL NI
Our expert team of professional coaches are ready to guide young people from toddlers taking the first steps into the sporting world through to young adults aiming to be the next generation of coaches.
Under 4 years old
- Using imaginative play and story based games these sessions aim to provide the first step into sport. Fun Fun Fun whilst developing agility, Balance and coordination. These programmes are interactive with parental involvement to support the child and bond through play.
Nursery – P2
Each programme focuses on 3 new skills which are essential for future participation in sport. Every course has a theme to create a fun and engaging learning environment for your little superstars.
The course is designed to develop important techniques and skills in 3 different sports which change every programme. Creating a fun and challenging environment to make sure children get the social and physical benefits from a variety of sports.
Each programme works on a new and specific area by delivering sessions which are technical based in a challenging environment to help players get the maximum benefit.
- Fun filled football sessions full of matches, tournaments, competitions and fun games. Come along and play the beautiful game whatever your age or ability.
- Want to venture into the world of coaching/teaching? If so we provide young people with their first experience of working with young people at grassroots level. This is an excellent opportunity to boost your CV and stand out from the rest.
- Mentored by full time professional coaches, you will develop confidence, communication, child protection and activity planning within realistic work placements. One of the most exciting parts about becoming a Skill School coach is the opportunity to gain paid work abroad in the USA and Canada through our partner organistation which is open to 18+ year olds.
One of the most popular areas of Skill School is our after school clubs which cater for both boys and girls of all ages and abilities. Working in blocks of 10 weeks, these courses can be paid for by schools, parents or a combination of both.
Life is a series of decisions. But when you’ve decided to study sport, and don’t quite know where to specialise, the @llsonline Sports Industry Course is for you. In our exciting collaboration with LLS you’ll learn the theory of everything from anatomy and nutrition to fitness and coaching techniques. And then the only decision to make will be your next career move.
You’ll receive a well-rounded introduction to all aspects of sports education and coaching, with a mixture of theory study, practical sessions and weekly work placements. The course gives you the skills and experience needed to later specialise in any number of careers in the sports industry.
WHAT YOU NEED
A minimum of 5 A-C grades at GCSE, ideally including PE or a pass in BTEC Sport. You’ll also need to complete a DBS check.
QUALIFICATIONS YOU’LL GAIN
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (Development, Coaching & Fitness)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Principles of Anatomy & Physiology
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Development
- Fitness Testing for Sports and Exercise
- Practical Team Sports
- Practical Individual Sports
- Sports Nutrition
- Current Issues in Sport
- Organising Sports Events
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Sports Injuries
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating Sport
- Work Experience in Sport
Optional: FA Level 1 Award in Coaching Football (including first aid and child protection certificates), FA Youth Module Level 1, FA Coaching Disability Footballers, FA Futsal Level 1 and FA Goalkeeping Level 1. Other National Governing Body qualifications on request.
EXPERIENCE YOU’LL GAIN
With at least one weekly placement per week in Year 1, and a minimum of two in Year 2, you’ll get a true taste of real world coaching of children of all ages. From teaching toddlers balance and agility skills, to advanced coaching of elite academy players.
WHERE IT LEADS
- • University
- • Paid apprenticeships
- • Global coaching roles
WHAT WE DO
- Pre School Story Based Exercise
- Skill Centres
- Coach Education
- Playmaker Award
- Sports Leaders Qualifications
- PE Lessons
- School Fundraisers
- After School Clubs